Monday, July 19, 2010

The Reason for This Blog


Hello everyone,

Though I'm not really sure who everyone is. I'm not sure who's reading this. But anyways, I guess I'll write as if I have a large audience.

Over the past few years, I've co-run a blog called YDKS Movies. This blog has specialized in talking specifically about movies and my opinion about them. Due to powers out of my control, YDKS Movies seemingly bit the dust after a short comeback a few months ago. Since then, I haven't really had a means to blog about film or much of anything else.

Getting more to the point, I've been spending most of this day trying to get some scripts written but to no avail. Writer's block won't let me go and I've been wandering around, bored, angry and not knowing what to do.

I've been sitting here and trying to think of something to do when I thought of this. You see, I'm leaving my hometown of Jackson, Mississippi for the first time ever for a long period of time in September. I'm going to graduate school at the Savannah College of Art and Design for Film and Television Production. Basically, I'm doing what I've always dreamt of doing. However, this comes with a price: I'm leaving my home behind and all my friends with it.

A few months ago my friend Caleb told me a should start a blog to help keep everyone updated on me while I'm in Savannah. I'm not sure if he was joking or not but I'm bored right now so I'm going to give it a try.

This will be the first time I blog about myself personally which is pretty new to me. With YDKS Movies, I could get personal from time to time but, for the most part, it was just me talking about movies. So this is a bit of a different experience for me. I'm not sure how I feel about blogs. I do enjoy reading certain ones from time to time but I'm also wary of them because you get that itching feeling that the writer feels that they are more important than everyone else or something of that nature. I mean, a blog is basically a website about you and why you are worthy of both web space and other people's time. Am I worthy of web space and people's time? I'm not sure. Probably not. Still, I'm bored and it might be nice to keep certain people updated in my life. So I'm going to give this a try. Technically I don't leave until September but I'm going to start blogging now to try and get the hang of this thing.

In a way, I still kind of feel like an ass for starting this up. Please know that I don't think I'm special in any way. Really. I'm just really, really bored and need to write in some manner... cause this script thing is really driving me insane.

Oh well... at least I'm not starting a vlogg. I can't even start to go into the pretentious nature that goes into those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment