Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tom, Long and Sue Come to Mississippi for Thanksgiving

This past Thanksgiving, my roommates Tom and Long and our mutual friend Sue came home with me to Mississippi for their first ever Thanksgiving. It was a bizarre, wild and fun week for us all. Sue, my dad and I took a lot of pictures over the week and you can see them all, with a little bit of commentary, below.

Sue on the ten hour drive to Jackson, MS with her house warming gift in hand.

We went to Mugshots on our first night in town.


The infamous (and wonderful) peanut-butter burger.

Sue wanted to help my mom make lasagna one night.

Such a hard worker.

That Long is such trouble.

Time for a lot of family portrait style pictures.



Our guests really liked the reservoir.


Sue at the Mississippi Craft Museum.

Long tearing the trampoline up.


Sue gives it a try.

So my dad has a lot of guns around the house. He's easily excitable and wanted to show them off to Tom, Long and Sue. All of this culminated with us going to Surplus City in Clinton to go target shooting.

I had never held a loaded gun before, let alone shot one. The experience was kind of terrifying. It definitely made me dislike guns a lot more than I already did. I don't know how some people use them on a daily basis.

One scary moment came at the range when my dad's .44 magnum exploded in his hands. I'm not sure why this happened or how none of us got hurt. Usually when this happens someone loses their face or dies. So... yeah... I don't know how we made it out with not even a scratch. It was literally like a grenade went off. I guess someone was watching over us that day.

I guess the moral of this story is to stay away from guns.

Everyone on the beautiful Natchez Trace.

Such a gangster.


My brother and I also have a set of samurai swords in my room. These were a lot more safe than the guns. Tom and Long had a lot of fun posing with them.



Tom gets seductive.

Partners in crime.

Then everyone started wearing Disney themed hats. I'm not sure why.



One night everyone came to Clinton with me and got to meet a lot of my friends. This is a picture we all took together at Applebees.

We took my family's boat to eat at Cock of the Walk one night. Here's Tom driving us.


Such a relaxed captain.

Sue took over towards the end.

Here's a picture of everyone that ate at Cock of the Walk that night.

Sue stayed in my sister Avery's room for the week. They had a lot of fun and became good friends.

They drew each other a lot of pictures. This is one Avery drew of Sue for her.




My dad took the crew jeep driving around the country one day.


Sue and Avery posing on the reservoir before Thanksgiving dinner.



Avery trying to make a "Sue face."

All the family came over and mingled with our visitors over Thanksgiving dinner.

All great food.


Someone photo sniped me while I was eating.

Overall, it was a great week. As always, I had fun with Tom, Long and Sue. It was great to introduce them to my home town and to have them live at my house. It was great to see my family and my hometown friends get to know them and have fun with them. They are great people and I am glad that they are in my life.

3 comments: