Saturday, November 6, 2010

Opening Night of the Savannah Film Festival



So the Savannah Film Festival has been going on since October 30th. I've been pretty much living (and sleeping) at the Trustees Theater so this is the first chance I've had to blog on the festival.

October 3oth was the kick off day for the festival. There was a red carpet event and I took a lot of pictures that you can see below.

Tom was working the event. He set up this back drop.

Sue and Xiping were also working it.





See the guy in the suit and the girl he's with in the middle? They run / work for New York is Boring, a local Savannah blog on all the cool things happening around the city. They may act like they are at the festival for the flicks and the culture but I know better. Just look at them. They're only in it for the free booze and the socialites. Well guess what, NY is Boring? I don't have your fancy VIP press passes but I'm going cover this event guerilla style and give it real flavor.

I'm on to you, NY is Boring. I'm on to you.


It was the day before Halloween. And it's Savannah. One of those reasonings may explain these people.





My crew.



The kid in the flannel is Miles Tenner. He is an actor in the movie Rabbit Hole. We met him later that night. He was a nice kid.



I love this picture. Justin and Alana got a picture on the red carpet with Tom.

Black Swan was the movie that opening up the Savannah Film Festival. I went in with high expectations and they were pretty much met. The film has incredible direction, cinematography, acting and writing. It's a taut thriller that literally had the audience tense from start to finish. When it came to its climatic end, you could literally hear everyone give a collective sigh of relief. That's how tense and uncomfortable it is. Still, it actually had some nice moments of comic relief through out. One or two moments were pretty hilarious and examples of some great writing / editing.

I really loved this movie. It's just another example of why Darren Aronofsky is one of today's best working directors. It's challenging, sexually charged, beautiful and thrilling. In fact, it's simply a work of film art. I cannot tell you how many times I got chills watching this thing. It really is an incredible film.

My rating: 9 / 10.

After the screening of Black Swan, we all crashed the VIP after party being held at The River Club. It was a pretty snazzy event. You can see pictures below.

Mr. Cine-a-vann-a!




Michael, Katy and Christoph. Michael also runs a blog and has been keeping up with the festival. It's called Tangled Up in Wires. Check it out.


Saw New York is Boring folks again. Again, you're not fooling me, NY is Boring. I know why you're here.

That was my first night at the Savannah Film Festival. Expect coverage of the rest of the festival in the coming days.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see the movie stars, the big shots, where are these pictures pimpdaddy ?

    ReplyDelete