Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Visit to the Old School Diner

A lot of people have been asking me where my new blog posts are. Where's all my coverage of the Savannah Film Festival? Well, unfortunately, I've been a little on the busy / sick side lately. Our final projects are due Wednesday and I've been working towards that. Also, I got pretty sick a few days ago and it's really made me not want to move much.

Anyways, in regards to the film festival, there will be a festival wrap up post in the next few days. I was going to do a post for each day of the festival but I think that will just end up being too much (and probably a little boring). So I'm going to sum up the week in a giant post full of photos, video, reviews, recommendations, put downs, stories of running into Liam Neeson, etc. I have a lot of media to put in this post (which is one of the reasons for the delay) but I can promise it is coming this week.

Until then, I just had an interesting evening that was a much easier post to put together.

My classmates and I just had our pre-Thanksgiving / End of Class dinner to celebrate all we have achieved and our new friendships. To do this, we went forty minutes out of Savannah to a place called The Old School Diner.

There's something you should know about The Old School Diner. One- it has a carpeted driveway. Second- it has a wheelchair platter of a crap load of seafood, ribs and other goodies.


Carpeted drive way. I don't understand it still.





People who eat at the diner can get a picture with Chef Jerome (yes, he's the only cook). Sounds a lot like a little place called Graceland Too.

This was my favorite.


Fireplace in a diner. I like it.







So many pictures.


Lots of netting hanging from the ceiling.

Lots of random memorabilia everywhere.

It was like a home made Thanksgiving dinner with family. Comfy chairs, lamps, TV and all.

And finally the wheel chair platter came out. We heard that they usually wheel it out on an actual wheelchair but, unforunately, we didn't get this treatment. Still, it was a lot of food and it was damn good. It had fish, crab meat, shrimp, ribs, hush puppies, french fries and various other items in it.


Overall, it was a good night spent with great people that I'm going to miss a lot over the break. I feel like it was the right way to end things.

1 comment:

  1. Now that looks like my kind of place Wes, reminds me a little bit of Lusco's up in the Delta. Sounds like you guys had a good time and a bellyram to boot.

    ReplyDelete